The weather is starting to warm up in the Gaithersburg area and the rains are ushering in Maryland’s wet season. That means you need a solid, secure roof to keep that moisture outside of your house where it belongs. But what type is for you? Keep reading to find out why installing asphalt shingles may be your best roofing option for the Gaithersburg area.
The Benefits of Asphalt Shingles vs. Other Types of Roofing Products
Homes in Gaithersburg and Montgomery County, MD range from small bungalows to extravagant estates, and asphalt shingles look great on all of them. Beside them being sturdy, easily available, and easily installed, asphalt shingles can come in whatever shape and size you want, and in almost any color you can think of. Having a custom look to your roof can increase the property value and curb appeal of your home, but those aren’t the only benefits of installing this versatile material on your new roof:
1. Asphalt shingles are affordable. An asphalt shingle roof is one of the most affordable types of roofing available. It also is the most popular type of roofing material in Gaithersburg, so it will be easy to repair and replace.
2. Shingles are versatile. Asphalt shingles look attractive with most any architectural style found in the Gaithersburg and Montgomery County, MD area, from colonial to mid-century modern. Although black and gray are the most common, asphalt shingles are available in a rainbow of colors, from dark green to a light mauve. There are even shingles made to resemble slate or cedar shake.
3. Repairs are easy. Unlike metal sheeting or heavy slate, asphalt shingles are easy and affordable to repair and replace if they get damaged in a storm.
4. Shingles are easy and affordable to install. Asphalt shingle roof installation is quick and easy for a roofing professional to install. This not only helps to keep the price down, but also means that with most houses, your new roof will be completed in just a day or two.
5. Asphalt shingles are recyclable. When it comes time to replace your roof, you don’t have to worry about the shingles cluttering up an area land fill. Asphalt shingles are 100 percent recyclable and can be used to produce road paving material.
6. Asphalt shingles are durable. While they don’t have the 100-year lifespan of a slate roof, asphalt shingles will keep your home secure and dry for 15 to 20 years if cared for properly. This is longer than most Gaithersburg families stay in their home before moving.
Shingle Roof Installation by Shanco
To learn more about replacing the roof of your Gaithersburg home with a new asphalt shingles, give Shanco a call at 301-208-0848. We’ve been roofing homes in Montgomery County, MD for more than 20 years, and we’d love to add your home to our family!